Well, after battling with old expired emulsion, runny ink and a shitty design problems (all mercifully not chronicled here), I finished Stephen’s Print. It looks like this:
Careful observers will note that I needed to enlarge the size of the dots on his jacket from the previous design. Details like this consumed me for the most part, but every once in a while the project made me sad.
I took the liberty of spreading a few of these around the neighborhood, particularly in the West end of Precita Park, where Stephen lived. I found a few strategically placed trees to discretely nail into. Also I placed a limited edition of prints for public distribution at Charlie’s and Precita Park Cafe. I think they will either be gone very soon or sitting around forever.
I documented the project in detail for my objects section.
And finally here is a good Times article on the incident.